Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I don't get it...

-Every time I get on Facebook there is a tornado in Mississippi or Arkansas. I have never felt safer regarding weather than when we moved to Kansas. I can recall two times when I was really scared about the weather...both of which we had adequate warnings, basements and nothing happened. Literally, there have been "Maroon alerts" at Mississippi State like every day for the past ten days. I know. I get on Facebook about 20 times a day.

-We went to Kindergarten Roundup last night. They asked for four local emergency contacts that were local. It had about twenty boxes listed--cousin, aunt, uncle, step-brother, godparent. We didn't fall into any of those categories. It kinda made me miss being close to family, but not close enough to move. I picked four friends...one of which I have not talked to yet, so Sarah M., if you are reading this, you are one of our emergency contacts. Sorry, I know you already have four kids and all.

-American Idol. How do people still watch it? I have issues with changing up a successful formula. I can not watch it without Paula and Simon. I felt like I opened my heart to being progressive when they let that Kara Diaguadi lady on there.

-The smaller the house, the harder it is to keep it clean. When we were in Miss., we had a really big house. It was always clean. I can't keep my house clean. I don't like to have people over because I don't want to clean it up.

-Why do they deliver parts of the carnival three weeks early? Do those carnival people just serve the city of McPherson? I am glad it is here, but I worry they don't have a lot of business.

-Do that many people in McPherson buy plants? I ride by houses and look and look to see which houses have plants, and which don't. We have that Smoky Valley place, Stutzmans, Dillons, Walmart and that place by Kyle's. Where do they all go because I don't see them that often. I wonder if one of them will go out of business because of the new Stuzmans. I worry about things like this. So far, I have only lost three of one of those six pack things that I bought.

-Those people on Swamp People, do they really still need to fish for alligators? You know they are making all kinds of money with endorsements, appearances and guided hunts. I still watch it, and I pretend like they are poor and only eat wild game because that makes the show more enjoyable.

-Will I ever go to the Super Bowl? How much does that cost? If I go, will I be like those 200 people that didn't get a seat?

-How do the writers for Yahoo continually come up with those interesting, must read articles? I never get tired of reading them.

-I don't understand people who say I could never look at a computer screen all day. I could. I do it every single day. I love it. I like my office, and I don't like being away from my desk.

-Will land lines at work ever be discontinued? Why can't people just have cell phones? That way if anyone calls you, you will know mostly who they are because you gave them your number.

-This old lady called and left me a message on my cell phone asking me if I could bring her a coke. She really had a thirst for a coke. Didn't she hear my voice mail and realize I was someone she didn't know. I wish I could take her a coke. Maybe I should have called her back.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love random thoughts! Especially yours! I am glad to be your emergency contact person :)

Amy said...

That was me that was calling for the coke! :)