Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Case Against Casey Anthony


Obsessed is a strong word. I prefer interested. I have been extremely interested in the Casey Anthony trial. I discovered this week that someone I know well does not even know who Casey Anthony is. This person, when explained the details of the case, accused me of following the trial to make myself feel better about my own life. Well, I disagree. I watch "Intervention" in order to feel better about myself.

I follow this trial because I want to understand how a mother could do this to her own child. I want to understand how that happens, and I want to understand the parenting skills and strategies Cindy and George Anthony utilized to raise and produce a child such as Casey. The fact that a woman could kill an innocent child, an adorable, beautiful child unleashes a fury in me that I can not describe in words. Ultimately, this case is about Caylee Anthony. It is about a little girl who was adored by many and who America has fallen in love with through home video and photographs. Though we will never know exactly what happened, we do know that Caylee's life ended too soon in a violent and tragic way. Lady Justice should honor Caylee's memory by convicting her killer. A killer who I firmly believe is her mother, Casey Anthony. Here is a short list of "red flags" or reasons I believe she is guilty:

-Caylee was not reported missing until Day 31 by Cindy Anthony. Cindy Anthony called the police and reported the smell of death in the trunk of daughter Casey Anthony's car.

-Casey Anthony repeatedly claimed that someone named Zanny the Nanny had abducted Caylee Anthony. Later, we discover that no such person exists. We discover that Casey Anthony often gave Caylee Anthony the prescription drug xanax in order to get her to fall asleep. Casey wanted Caylee to fall asleep so that she could go out and party.

-Casey Anthony partied hard while others searched for her daughter. She was photographed dancing provocatively with other women. She even entered a "Hot Body Contest" at a local bar.

-During the 31 days that Caylee was missing, Casey paid for and received a tattoo that read "The Beautiful Life." Most moms would probably be distraught over a missing child, however not Casey. She felt her life was beautiful.

-She lied about having had a job at Disney World for two years. She had no job.

-She lied about having certain friends.

-She didn't graduate from high school, but she had enough money to pay for an alleged nanny.

-To this day, no one knows who the father of Caylee Anthony is.

-Casey's high school and post high-school friends reported to investigators that she doesn't tell the truth. She lies even when it is unnecessary.

-She searched her computer for how to make chloroform over 80 times. She had been known to "chloroform" her child in order to get her to pass out so that she could go and party.

-Tremendous amounts of chloroform were found in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car. In addition, the strong odor of a dead body was there.

-Caylee was found in the woods with duct tape from the Anthony home covering her mouth. Over the duct tape was a heart shaped sticker. The same sheet of stickers were found in Casey Anthony's room.

Here is a short list of claims by the defense with rebuttal:

-Caylee was sexually abused by her brother and her father. Then why did she say the following to her father during a jailhouse visit: "You've been a great dad, and you've been the best grandfather."

-Caylee drowned in the pool. Really, well why would a victim of drowning have duct tape over their mouth with a heart shaped sticker?

That is about all I know on defense so far. I think Casey has cooked her goose on this one, and I will check in throughout the day!

On a side note, I would like for Obama to appoint Nancy Grace to the Supreme Court of the US.

In all seriousness, I believe we will never know what actually happened to little Caylee. We know she met an untimely death at the hands of her mother, but we will not know how or why. I have my own theories, but only Casey, Caylee and God know the truth. My hope is that justice is served in this case. My version of justice. God bless little Caylee.

No comments: