Thursday, July 14, 2011

Letting Go...Update

I did write letters to Barnes & Noble and Amazon, as a loyal customer, requesting they not sell any books by Casey Anthony, in collaboration with Casey Anthony or in which she would profit. I have never done letter writing really to any company except the Better Business Bureau one time when I bought some address labels from a bogus internet company in 2003 in the amount of $8.88. Yes, I remember because I never got my money back. No, writing the Better Business Bureau didn't produce any results. It did, however, give me a hands-on lesson in internet safety and security.
Back on topic, I feel with all of the money I spend, specifically with Amazon, I have a right to voice my opinion. I mean, I buy make-up through them, Kindle, books, Kindle books, our Big Mable float, all of which have been in just the past two months. In a lifetime, I have no clue. I would say out of all online businesses in that exist, I use Amazon the most. They had better listen to me, or we are going to have to cut ties. That would be bad for the economy, not to mention Amazon. Not trying to say I am privileged or overspending...but I am just saying when I do spend, and it is online, it is normally with Amazon.
I read online that they will write you back. I am waiting.
Oh, I wrote to Barnes and Noble too. I told them I was a really loyal customer which is sort of a white lie...I have bought things from them, but I wouldn't say loyally. Maybe they won't check. They are supposed to write back too. I am waiting on them too.
Okay, I fear I will lose readers through my constant posting about Casey Anthony. I will really try to move forward. It is not my intention to turn this into a blog about Casey Anthony, but, for the month of July, please have patience with me.
Moving forward, I have just realized that football season is a little over a month away. God bless us all. Please hurry up and get here. I can not take the social and mental boredom of July. I am starting to think my least favorite month is July. It is too hot, school is over but it is too far away to be starting again soon, it is hot, and my plants start to die. Not to mention, things at work are ridiculously busy. I like busy but with students around. Some people get the winter blues. I have the summer blues. If I didn't have the company of my student worker, I may go insane. The youth of students makes me happy. The vitality and hope they have.
Okay, moving on. Mississippi State. They have the best football commercial I have ever seen. You may watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VpTlGeydYM
I am conflicted about a recent decision I made, but I am sticking to my guns. David, Andrew and I are going to the Miss. State vs. Arkansas game in Little Rock. This is a historic event for all members of the Young family for several reasons. I have never been to a game a Miss. State game in Arkansas, David has never been to a Miss. State game in Arkansas and Andrew has never been to a Miss. State game. Ever. Okay, that last reason trumps all other reasons. However, when McPherson College goes to the playoffs this year, their playoff game will be the weekend of the Arkansas game...November 19. I do not want to miss this. However, I feel like they will make it to a second playoff game this year, and we will be able to make it to that. So, that is what is helping me get through this conflict. If I sit in front of someone that yells Sueyyy piggie the whole game, there may be words. That is so annoying. I had to sit in front of one of those people at Miss. State once. If I had been a grown up, I would have said something. I was still in high school. More than likely we will be way ahead and they will just STFU. Sorry. I used acronyms. I get fired up just writing about it. Sometimes I can't help myself.
Okay, last, I would like to end on a positive and uplifting note. Umm. The Well is a beautiful, peaceful, spiritual place with wholesome, family fun. All I wanted last night was a snowcone. We went to the snowcone hut, and it had been moved for three days to the McPherson County Fair. I felt like Clark W. Grisswold after he arrived at Wally World. Clark and I have a lot in common...we overreact and are very nostalgic when it comes to family and tradition. For reference and enjoyment, here is the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEbz6kvnQDA
What I am trying to say is if there had been a mousse, I would have punched him in the nose. Please don't move the snowcone stand for three days. That causes confusion, delay, frustration and disappointment.
Regardless, Andrew and I went to the Well instead. We spent probably $8 more, but we had to get a sticker/coloring book, a smoothie, chocolate milk and a cookie. I feel like that was fair for the air conditioning. Plus, it is a spiritual, peaceful place. It allowed me at least an hour of reading time while Andrew colored, did stickers and browsed the children's section. Again, worth the extra $8. I love the Well. Have you visited lately? Support downtown merchants. Peace out.

1 comment:

NMRA said...

I love u more than words but go to hell State. Don't let andrew read this and with a 4 month old luv u more for yr opinions!!