Sunday, July 31, 2011

Staying Positive

It is my biggest challenge. It ain't easy. And, it is double hard to do in the midst of a heat wave. Even our preacher said so.
We all have flaws, and one of mine is remaining positive. I have had a particularly difficult time doing so lately because it is hot, it is mid-summer, students are gone, there is not a sport to follow, I am working through some personal matters, and I am just stressed out. Well, guess what...
August starts tomorrow.
Football season is almost less than a month away.
I am working through my personal matters.
It won't be 100 degrees in October, at least, I don't think it will be.
Fall is one of my favorite seasons.
Andrew can read. He knows his letters and his sounds.
I have blonde hair. And, I am getting it reblonded on Friday of next week.
My plants are still alive.
Some of our grass is still green.
David replaced our fence and fixed the roof.
I got a major project completed last week at work.
My office was repainted by me and Brian and David and our student worker, and it brings much harmony to my space.
We are going out to eat dinner tonight with friends.
I have found a new church home that I love and that works for us.
I planted carrot seeds and they are actually sprouting.
We are going to the Arkansas game in November.
Sonic has a happy hour in the morning and in the afternoon.
I have some really great friends and co-workers.
No one is perfect.

My goal this week is to give people the benefit of the doubt. See the good in others. Remain positive. Appreciate as much as I can. Redefine failure. Michael Jordan once said: “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Great post! I can definitely relate...especially this summer!

Stephanie said...

Blonde hair? Give me a break!! Seriously- you do have beautiful hair. That should make you very positve. Every day.

Rebecca said...

Sonic has a morning happy hour??? Very exciting! Love your positive thoughts.

Nancy said...

It does in Kansas...I don't know what time it starts, but I know it ends at 10 a.m. I usually get there between 8:30 to 9:30.

Sue said...

When I read your blog it's like you are sitting here talking to me...I LOVE it...